Re: Posting unicode using curl

From: Ryan Wilcox <ryanwilcox_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:50:57 -0400

On 8/20/04, at 4:00 PM, nkb said:

>My https POST includes user input unicode content. If the user input
>normal ascii content, there's no problem; and I get correct and proper
>reply from server. But if the content include unicode...

If you have control over the server component, you could always try UTF-8. That
doesn't require a larger character type (ASCII/UTF8 can use C's char type, while
Unicode - I thought - required w_char or something. Or I could be off the mark
entirely).

Switching to UTF8 may or may not work... and a pointless suggestion if you don't
have control over the server component.

It's an idea anyway...
_Ryan Wilcox

Wilcox Development Solutions: http://www.wilcoxd.com
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age PGP: 0x2F4E9C31