RE: AIX multithreaded issue - CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:49:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> I took latest configure.ac (1.96) from CVS and run configure but it
> doesn't change anything.

You need to take the configure.ac file and run 'autoconf' (2.57 or later),
then you can run configure.

... or wait for the daily snapshot tomorrow morning that will create a fresh
new configure.

> Where are the changes reflecting? Should I see "-qthreaded" and
> "_THREAD_SAFE" in some log or make files?

It is now supposed to define _THREAD_SAFE in lib/config.h on AIX, and if you
use AIX and xlc, it should use the -qthreaded option in CFLAGS as set in the
lib/Makefile.