RE: Thumb Print Verification

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:48:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Chidanand Gangur wrote:

> I have gone through the curl_easy_setopt man page and its
> CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION option. I have also gone through the curlx.c
> program.
>
> But the CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION option says that the function call back is
> called just before the SSL initialization. I want a hack where I can extract
> the server certificate. This step will come only after curl_easy_perform.

Aha. I guess this then shows my cluelessness in this topic.

> How do I get to this functionality?

I don't know. Is perhaps Gertjan van Wingerde's certificate_verify_callback
something you could use?

         http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-03/0087.html

> > they're not exactly planned, but I wouldn't mind applying patches
> > that would bring these features.

> Is this patch applied in the current versions?

What patch? I was saying that I wouldn't mind getting this functionality, I
didn't refer to any specific patch as I'm not aware of any such (other than
Gertjan van Wingerde's patch mentioned above).

I use very little SSL magic myself. I need lots of help and input from users
to guide me. When I don't get that, I just leave things as they are.