RE: Thumb Print Verification

From: Chidanand Gangur <chidanand.gangur_at_nevisnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:13:52 +0530

Hi Daniel,

I have gone through the curl_easy_setopt man page and its CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION option. I have also gone through the curlx.c program.

But the CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION option says that the function call back is called just before the SSL initialization. I want a hack where I can extract the server certificate. This step will come only after curl_easy_perform. How do I get to this functionality?

In one of your mailing list what I have found is as written below:-

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Peter Lind Damkjær wrote:
> Is there a way to extract the server certificate (PEM og binary encoded) in a https-connection using libcurl?

No.

> Is it possible to extract other SSL/TLS specific information such as data
> encryption cipher used?

No.

> If not - is it planned?

Well, they're not exactly planned, but I wouldn't mind applying patches that
would bring these features.

--
Is this patch applied in the current versions?
Thanks,