A beginner's question

From: nkb <nkb_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:04:38 +0900

Hi.
Pardon for this beginner's question.
I've written a http client before I found libcurl. I would like now to
use libcurl into my c++ application for https web access. My question
is, are there any websites or books that could tell me the process flow
for a https web access? I've good ideas of how http authentication
works, what are the server reponse messages when I do a POST to send/get
info to the server, and how to send back authentications info etc. But
I've no idea about https. Do I use the same header for https access? And
what do I need to know about the server for me to get across the
POST/GET info? How does the authentication process work? I've read some
docs from google seach. But they are mainly general ideas but not exact
flow whereby I could use it as a guide to write my codes. So, any
pointers are deeply needed and appreciated. Many thanks!!!