RE: Multithreaded problems on AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:41:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Andrei Tarassov wrote:

> No. If I compile the older version manually, it does not work either.
> Seems that the working version was built with the native compiler. It
> looks like a problem with how gcc compiles/links.

Oh... :-/

> > Have you set the OpenSSL callbacks? See:
>
> Is this necessary even if I do not use SSL connections? I use the libcurl
> example (multithread.c), which does not connect to any HTTPS or FTPS sites.
> It looks like just linking with OpenSSL breaks everything, but I can't
> understand how and why.

Ah, no - I was just (wrongly) assuming that you did use SSL-based protocols.
Those callbacks are of course only necessary if you transfer files that use
SSL so if you don't, this isn't the reason for your problems.

Sorry, but I can't explain why you experience problems. libcurl 7.12.0 should
be perfectly thread-safe on AIX (AFAIK) and it works flawlessly in
multi-threaded apps under many other operating systems for very many users.