threading problem on windows

From: Michael Mastroianni <MMastroianni_at_choicestream.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 18:52:03 -0400

When I run a lot of threads (like 150), I get blowups in

gethostbyname_thread in hostthre.c

in particular, I blow up on the line:

  he = gethostbyname (conn->async.hostname);

I noticed in the debugger that conn->async.hostname is a bad pointer when this happens. There's a comment above this fn that says it should be used when there is no ares or ipv6.

I got c-ares, built it, gave my curllib project the directories, told it to link against libares.lib, and defined USE_ARES in the project settings. Still, I end up here.

Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Michael Mastroianni