Re: SSL patch

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:28:24 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> said

> Why can't we simply provide the text as CURLINFO_TEXT and the raw data as
> CURLINFO_SSL_DATA_IN/OUT in two separate calls following each other? The
> callback is meant to get text and data that way.

Sure, but I'd like a more compact trace. From the other "SSL cert error" thread:

which is picked up in curl and printed as:
=> Send data SSLv2, Client hello (1):, 130 bytes (0x82)
0000: 01 03 01 00 69 00 00 00 10 00 00 39 00 00 38 00 ....i......9..8.

(and not one line info and a data block).
------

If there where 2 calls, it wouldn't be totally clear that the "info" line belonged
to the next "data" trace.

> Regarding my suggestion on adding a Curl_debugf(), it wouldn't need any API
> changes at all since it would be a purely internal function that would build a
> buffer and then use Curl_debug() so no app-callback would notice any
> difference.

You mean a Curl_debugf() that takes either a block of data or a var-arg
list? I'd like something more versatile that could be printed both as a
hex-dump *and* a text message. So ssluse.c would be
  Curl_debugf (data, CURLINFO_SSL_DATA_IN, buf, len,
   "SSLv%c, %s%s (%d)", ver, tls_rt_name, msg_name, msg_type);

But this probably needs a change to (or a new) curl_debug_callback.

--gv