Re: SSL patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:23:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I revised the patch and just did that. Not so nice IMHO to mix text and
> raw-data in same buffer, but...

Why can't we simply provide the text as CURLINFO_TEXT and the raw data as
CURLINFO_SSL_DATA_IN/OUT in two separate calls following each other? The
callback is meant to get text and data that way.

Regarding my suggestion on adding a Curl_debugf(), it wouldn't need any API
changes at all since it would be a purely internal function that would build a
buffer and then use Curl_debug() so no app-callback would notice any
difference.

Uh, and a new issue I found out when I tried to build with your patch applied:
my ancient OpenSSL 0.9.6b doesn't have SSL_CTRL_SET_MSG_CALLBACK defined, so
the ssluse.c changes need to be within a #ifdef SSL_CTRL_SET_MSG_CALLBACK to
build.