Re: WITHOUT_MM_LIB question

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:52:27 +0200

"David Byron" <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com> said:

> I'm wrestling a bit with the idea that we might have winmm on some
> machines and not others, so by dynamically loading it, we're sacrificing
> resolution that we could just link in. At least for those of us
> statically linking winmm.lib.

winmm.dll should be available on Win95 and up. winmm.lib is just
an import lib for winmm.dll. So if you have winmm.lib, but not winmm.dll,
it will fail at runtime when statically linked.

Failing GetProcAddress(hmod,"timeGetTime") at runtime shouldn't hurt.
It should just falls-back to GetLocalTime(). But this case should be rare.

But we could just go back to the old way; don't define WITHOUT_MM_LIB.

--gv