Re: Safe free of IDNA memory

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:40:18 +0200

"Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> said:

> Since we (libcurl) will start depending on libidn soonish for IDN stuff, I'm
> curious if we should wait for your new version and check for that in the
> configure script, or if we should proceed with what we do currently and
> upgrade to the new one later on...

I think we can use the current version as-is. free()-ing from
outside of linidn is AFAICS only a problem on Windows and maybe
Netware. Not sure about libidn.so on Linux. Does a shared-object
get it's own heap and crt variables?

On Win32, I guess there none (except) me using libidn with
libcurl. If not, we'll hear about bug-reports pretty soon.

--gv