Re: Safe free of IDNA memory

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:04:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Gisle, Daniel, thanks for the report and the suggested fix. I will
> incorporate something based on this in future releases. (I'll probably call
> it 'libidn_free', though, as the stringprep* functions also return pointers
> to newly allocate memory.)

Thanks Simon.

Do you have any info or plans on when in time we might see this new version?

Since we (libcurl) will start depending on libidn soonish for IDN stuff, I'm
curious if we should wait for your new version and check for that in the
configure script, or if we should proceed with what we do currently and
upgrade to the new one later on...