Re: Trouble finding libz.sl.2 when using "ldd libcurl.sl"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:31:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Tim Shanahan wrote:

> I have libcurl version 7.11.1 for HPUX 11.00 and since this has ssl support
> I needed to openssl.0.9.7b along with zlib.

SSL support doesn't require zlib. But this sounds as if you've downloaded a
binary and then you'll need to provide the libraries it depends on, yes.

> After installing libcurl, libssl, libcrypto and libz, and create my own
> application which links in the above, I notice that I always must have the
> libz.sl.2 fixed at the location
>
> /opt/TWWfsw/zlib11/lib/libz.sl.2

Perhaps the library was built to use that fixed path at run-time? You need to
ask the person who provided that binary library to you. This is not a generic
problem, but specific to your downloaded version on your operating system.