Trouble finding libz.sl.2 when using "ldd libcurl.sl"

From: Tim Shanahan <tim.shanahan_at_openet-telecom.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:57:58 +0100

Hi,

I have libcurl version 7.11.1 for HPUX 11.00 and since this has ssl support
I needed to openssl.0.9.7b along with zlib.

After installing libcurl, libssl, libcrypto and libz, and create my own
application which links in the above, I notice that I always must have the
libz.sl.2 fixed at the location

/opt/TWWfsw/zlib11/lib/libz.sl.2

Even if I copy the libz.sl.2 into my home directory and modify my SHLIB_PATH
so that it points to my home directory first, and then run a "ldd
libcurl.sl", I still see that the output is expecting the libz.sl.2 to be at
the location /opt/TWWfsw/zlib11/lib/libz.sl.2

I can move around the libcrypto.sl.0.9.7 and the libssl.0.9.7 and once the
SHLIB_PATH is pointing to their location they will be picked up in the new
location when running the "ldd libcurl.sl"

Is this a problem or am I missing something ??

Regards,
      Tim