Re: IDN

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:42:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I wasn't able to parse that >1000 lines function fully :) So I deliberately
> avoided proxies wrt. libidn.

Chicken! ;-) But anyway, near the end of CreateConnection() there's a comment
saying "Resolve the name of the server or proxy" and there's the point where
we should ACE-encode the host and proxy names.

> What about cookie-domain? Should that be in ACE-form?

Yes, I can't think of any other way that would work (I also found some KDE
code while googling that seems to do this for cookies). And the more I think
about it, the more I think that conn->hostname itself (and conn->proxyhost)
should be made to point to the new ACE formatted name and a second pointer
would be used to keep the "display name" since then I think lots of code will
work unmodified with the names idn-encoded.