Re: cleaning up lib/hostip.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:41:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> My upcoming threaded getaddrinfo() uses the same code as in
> init_gethostbyname_thread (except for the 'hints' to getaddrinfo). So we
> could call it Curl_init_getX_thread() or similar.

Curl_init_resolve_thread() sounds like a suitable name.

I also think we should provide a full Curl_getaddrinfo() function in
hostthre.c (instead of having it #ifdefed within hostip4.c) because then
hostip4.c will only have plain sync ipv4 resolve code.

To make this easy, I'll convert the MakeIP() code into something we can easily
use from there and I'll write up an initial version of Curl_getaddrinfo() for
threaded resolves as I figure it could work.

I'll provide an updated full package soon with more fixes.