Re: cleaning up lib/hostip.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:03:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> > http://curl.haxx.se/beta/hostip-cleanup1.patch (95383 bytes)
>
> I've briefly looked at it and it looks cleaner, but
> init_gethostbyname_thread() is static in hostthre.c but called from
> hostip4.c.

Oh. Since I can't build the threaded name resolve, I bet I'll miss some
details that I hope you can correct once I commit this. I'll go through it
once more now to fix this.

> My upcoming threaded getaddrinfo() uses the same code as in
> init_gethostbyname_thread (except for the 'hints' to getaddrinfo). So we
> could call it Curl_init_getX_thread() or similar.

Sounds fine to me.

> Maybe all the common headers etc. in host*.c should be grouped in a
> host_common.h.

I didn't create any new headers so the hostip.h header is now (in my cleanup)
that generic header.

> Could you put hostip.c in /beta? Too much diffs to apply safely.

I put together a whole package named 7.12-hostip that I put there for the sake
of completeness:

        http://curl.haxx.se/beta/