Re: TclCurl: ftpssl option

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 07:42:08 -0700

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:32:39AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Dan Fandrich wrote:
>
> > Looks to me like the server doesn't answer with SSL;
>
> Correct:
>
> $ telnet vaxca1.unica.it 22
> Trying 192.146.242.3...
> Connected to vaxca1.unica.it.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1
>
> This host is running a SSH server on port 22. SSH != FTPS.

Ahah--I glanced completely over the port number. I'll bet that server
doesn't run an FTPS daemon at all; its probably SFTP that it supports.
SFTP runs over the SSH protocol, not SSL, and libcurl doesn't have any
support for it at all. There was talk here a year ago about providing
such support, but noone provided any code. See this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=curl-library&m=104607251724313&w=2

>>> Dan