Re: TclCurl: ftpssl option: where to find an SSH library?

From: stefano federici <s_federici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:37:29 +0200 (CEST)

> > Looks to me like the server doesn't answer with
> SSL;
>
> Correct:
>
> $ telnet vaxca1.unica.it 22
> Trying 192.146.242.3...
> Connected to vaxca1.unica.it.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1
>
> This host is running a SSH server on port 22. SSH !=
> FTPS.

Sorry, I guess this last reply means that I shouldn't
have bothered you with my troubles... the fact is that
before starting to look for an FTPS library (hopefully
with TCL bindings) I was using the "SSH Secure File
Tranfer Client" that when starts says "defaultsftp",
so I thought that WAS SFTP. So I'll keep bothering you
for the very last time to know if there is anyone that
knows of a free ready-to-use library to connect to the
vaxca1.unica.it server and to upload files to it.

I checked for Putty and similar clients, but them all
seem to provide an interactive shell (but I want to
realize a programmatic and unassisted file transfer,
with no user interaction).

Thanks for any help
Stefano

=====
Stefano Federici
via Azuni, 14 - 09025 Sanluri (CA) - Italy
Tel: +39-070-9351003 home
     +39-070-9373114 office
     +39-349-8181955 cell
email: s_federici_at_yahoo.com
       stefano.federici_at_tiscalinet.it

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/