RE: --proxy-ntlm and --fail

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:33:42 -0800

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, David Byron wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing the right thing is to add some tests that
> > exercise --fail (both with and without authentication) to be
> > a bit more confident that things are working properly. I'll
> > see if I can make some progress there.
>
> That sounds like a clever and sensible next step. There are
> some already.

I'll do what I can. I assume this means you'll hold off committing the
patch I sent until some tests arrive. If there's anything you'd like to see
different in the code I sent, please let me know.

At this point making new tests is going to take longer than changing the
code, but it's almost certainly the right thing to do.

> > If this is OK, I think the next steps for the code are:
> >
> > - move authdone from the stack of Curl_http into struct UrlState.
>
> Yes. We can't put it in the connectdata struct since it might
> need to survive between multiple connects.

Patch coming fairly soon.

> > - adjust Curl_http_should_fail to use the info in struct
> UrlState to decide if there's an error.
>
> Yes.

This one may take a bit longer.

Thanks much.