Re: TCP_NODELAY

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:57:12 +0100

On Mar 21, 21:01, "codemastr" wrote:
>Well Windows does support it as well. I'm just wondering more about some of
>the less-common OSes (IRIX, VMS, etc.)

No worries about IRIX, IRIX supports almost every standard out there, and
much better than AIX (which also has TCP_NODELAY, btw). "If it works on Linux
it works on IRIX, although not necessarily the other way around" is a good
rule of thumb (here at kspt we've developed for IRIX and Linux for years).
My only VMS machine died a while ago so I don't know about that one.

[...]
>But really, I don't see any need for an autoconf check. Just enclose the
>code in #ifdef TCP_NODELAY. If that is defined, then TCP_NODELAY exists. If
>it is not defined, then TCP_NODELAY does not exist. That seems like a
>workable solution to me...

I agree.

>Dominick Meglio

-Tor