Re: To all autobuilders..

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:35:28 -0600

Joe Halpin wrote:
> Dan Fandrich wrote:

>>> Is this all that changed? I just upgraded my FreeBSD box to
>>> 4.9-STABLE and now the build is failing in configure with
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> checking whether ln -s works... yes
>>> ../curl/ltconfig: ../curl/ltconfig: No such file or directory
>>> configure: error: libtool configure failed
>>> testcurl: configure didn't work
>>> testcurl: removing the build-74872 dir
>>> testcurl: removing the buildlog-74872 file
>>> testcurl: ENDING HERE
>>>
>>> This is with a fresh install from cvs.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>

>> Is buildconf being executed? I believe that's where ltconfig is
>> generated
>> when building out of CVS.
>

> Yes, here's the relevant output for that:
>
> testcurl: STARTING HERE
> testcurl: NAME = Joe Halpin
> testcurl: EMAIL = j.p.h_at_comcast.net
> testcurl: DESC = FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE (x86)
> testcurl: CONFOPTS = --enable-ipv6 --enable-debug
> testcurl: CFLAGS =
> testcurl: CC =
> testcurl: version = $Revision: 1.40 $
> testcurl: date = Mon Mar 8 18:34:29 UTC 2004
> testcurl: curl is verified to be a fine source dir
> testcurl: build dir build-73560 was created fine
> testcurl: update from CVS
> testcurl: run cvs up
> ? ares/aclocal.m4
> testcurl: invoke buildconf, but filter off the silly aclocal warnings
> buildconf: autoconf version 2.59 (ok)
> buildconf: autoheader version 2.59 (ok)
> buildconf: automake version 1.8.2 (ok)
> buildconf: libtool version 1.5.2 (ok)
> buildconf: running libtoolize
> buildconf: running aclocal
> run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal

I'm not getting these last three lines in the Solaris build. I've been
poking around man pages but I really don't understand autoconf or
libtool. Is this a warning that's significant? I'm still not able to get
curl to build on FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE. The version of aclocal is the same
on both my build machines (1.8.2).

Also is there a primer for autoconf/automake/libtool that will help me
get my head into them? I don't really have time to read all the manuals
on the FSF web site.

Joe