Re: To all autobuilders..

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:23:43 -0600

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:40:40PM -0600, Joe Halpin wrote:
>
>>Tor Arntsen wrote:
>>
>>>Daniel has removed ares/aclocal.m4 from CVS as it's also a generated file,
>>>so if you're autobuilding then you should manually 'rm
>>>curl/ares/aclocal.m4' now. Otherwise you'll get a CVS conflict the next
>>>time your testcurl.sh executes (probably not anything fatal for the
>>>autobuild though).
>>
>>Is this all that changed? I just upgraded my FreeBSD box to 4.9-STABLE
>>and now the build is failing in configure with
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>checking whether ln -s works... yes
>>../curl/ltconfig: ../curl/ltconfig: No such file or directory
>>configure: error: libtool configure failed
>>testcurl: configure didn't work
>>testcurl: removing the build-74872 dir
>>testcurl: removing the buildlog-74872 file
>>testcurl: ENDING HERE
>>
>>This is with a fresh install from cvs.
>>
>>Joe
>
> Is buildconf being executed? I believe that's where ltconfig is generated
> when building out of CVS.

Yes, here's the relevant output for that:

testcurl: STARTING HERE
testcurl: NAME = Joe Halpin
testcurl: EMAIL = j.p.h_at_comcast.net
testcurl: DESC = FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE (x86)
testcurl: CONFOPTS = --enable-ipv6 --enable-debug
testcurl: CFLAGS =
testcurl: CC =
testcurl: version = $Revision: 1.40 $
testcurl: date = Mon Mar 8 18:34:29 UTC 2004
testcurl: curl is verified to be a fine source dir
testcurl: build dir build-73560 was created fine
testcurl: update from CVS
testcurl: run cvs up
? ares/aclocal.m4
testcurl: invoke buildconf, but filter off the silly aclocal warnings
buildconf: autoconf version 2.59 (ok)
buildconf: autoheader version 2.59 (ok)
buildconf: automake version 1.8.2 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.5.2 (ok)
buildconf: running libtoolize
buildconf: running aclocal
   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
buildconf: running aclocal hack to convert all mv to mv -f
buildconf: running autoheader
buildconf: running autoconf
buildconf: running aclocal in the ares directory
   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
buildconf: running autoconf in the ares directory
buildconf: running automake
buildconf: OK
testcurl: buildconf was successful

I don't understand the "run info" things though. I'll have to learn m4
pretty soon I guess.

Thanks

Joe