Re: new testcurl.pl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:10:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Greg Hewgill wrote:

> I'm reasonably happy with the operation of the new testcurl.pl script,
> although it doesn't actually run any tests yet (just does a build). Attached
> is a patch to testcurl.sh and the new testcurl.pl script.

I like it!

I just have a few minor nits: I think the win32 build should use the
buildconf.bat file when the buildconf is used for configure-style builds.

Also, the use of 'sed' and 'grep' to filter off output would be better written
in plain perl to avoid dependencies on those tools. (This goes for 'tee' too.)
I notice you only use those commands in the "non-win32" build sections but
perhaps it would be possible to the same code more if both win32 and non-win32
used the same filtering perl code.

I haven't tried executing the script yet, but I intend to do it soon.