Re: To all autobuilders..

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:21:31 +0100

On Mar 9, 12:14, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>I don't think my removal of the file from CVS should cause any problems, since
>even if it causes conflicts when 'cvs update' runs, it should be overwritten
>when 'buildconf' is run (which generates that file).

But it did fail.. all my builds worked, except for the aix one where I
hadn't removed the file. The problem was that as it had been re-generated
by buildconf it was different from the previously checked-in version, which
created a conflict (repository: File removed. local: File changed.), thus
making the cvs program exit with error (a manual 'cvs update' showed this).
Because of that conflict I saw exactly those retrying failing CVS attempts.
Removing the file and re-running fixed it. It should work if the previous
buildconf had produced an aclocal.m4 file with no changes from the checked-in
version, otherwise not.

-Tor