Re: Third party files transfer

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:49:48 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Arthur Aminov wrote:
>
>>Do the libcurl support a third party files transfer? What is the right way,
>>if is?
>
> I suppose you're referring to the FTP kind of "third part" file transfers?
>
> I don't think you can trick curl into doing those. I haven't ever used such
> transfers myself and I'm not really sure that the requirements are.

I think he's talking about passive mode transfers between two remote
machines being controlled from the local machine. It's a useful thing to
do at times.

The requirements are basically: curl would have to establish a control
connection to both remote machines, send PASV to one and PORT to the
other (using the ip address and port from the PASV response). Then tell
the remote machines to exchange the data.

Sounds like it would be a pretty significant change to curl.

Joe