Re: [autobuild] those FreeBSD warnings

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 08:31:25 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Joe Halpin wrote:

> > All those warnings are the same ones, which gcc finds in a system header.
> > Can you check if these warnings are caused by the -Wundef option?
>
> My first inclination is to fix the source rather than turning off compiler
> warnings

Well, in this case the problem is in your system headers, not in curl. More
recent gcc versions have the ability to ignore warning in system headers since
we only care about warnings in code we control!

Can we be sure that defining _POSIX_C_SOURCE won't cause any problems when
built on other FreeBSD versions or with other compilers?

> and since the attached patch seems to do the trick on my Solaris 9, FreeBSD
> and Linux boxes I'll submit these and see what you think.

Regarding the CURL_FORMAT_OFF_T, I've fixed it slightly different. I shouldn't
have committed just before leaving for home yesterday. Lots of red boxes on
the autobuild page really proved that I would need to do it better! :-)