RE: removing winsock 2 dependence

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:59:42 -0800

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, David Byron wrote:
>
> > I've attached a new patch now that Daniel has committed the
> > other MSVC changes (thank you).
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but is this patch still valid after the
> discussions that followed regarding IPv6 on Windows etc?

I still need to do some more work to resolve whether this patch is OK. I
sent another patch about cleaning up the build for MSVC 7 and IPv6. I think
all of that patch is OK except the part that #errors if using ENABLE_IPV6
and MSVC6. I can resend that patch without this change if it helps.

Once MSVC 7 and IPV6 work together, I can see whether I properly removed the
WinSock 2 dependence or whether I need to do something slightly different.

I think the only stuff that could change from the contents of winsock.patch
is lib/easy.c and maybe src/Makefile.vc6.

-DB