Re: CURLE_GOT_NOTHING on slow connections

From: Richard Bramante <rbramante_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:54:51 -0500

Well,

After a little more probing it looks like this will be a Windows-only
problem.

First, connect() fails as expected but the error return is an EWOULDBLOCK,
which I found a bit suprising since the connection had been RST, but ok,
there is still time to recover.

Curl then calls waitconnect() and select() returns 1, *but* it does not set
this socket in the errfd set, so curl assumes that it is connected and
waitconnect returns 0.

There would still be one last chance to make things right via
verifyconnect(), but on windows this if #ifdef'ed to just return TRUE.

So, we think we're connected but we're not.

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx