RE: building with MSVC

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:45:58 -0800

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, David Byron wrote:

> Still looking into the unresolved extern for strtoofft from
> ftp.obj and transfer.obj. Certainly seems like the
> preprocessor should be translating that to either strtol,
> curlx_strtoll, _strtoi64, or strtoll, but that it should
> definitely not be leaving it as strtoofft....

My bad. After a clean and rebuild, the unresolved externs disappeared.
I've also been tweaking my SSL compiler flags (changing /MD to /MT) which is
no doubt causing me grief. It's causing me enough grief that I still can't
get things to link even after I change them back. I'll try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've attached a patch with my changes so far. I think this
is going to be enough to get MSVC 6 and 7 working. This patch is a superset
of the ones I sent earlier to get files (e. g. ca-bundle.h) generated OK.

-DB