Autobuilds: More compiler warnings etc. (re-post)

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:58:43 +0100

[I posted the essence of this message some three days ago, and although I did
receive it from the mailing list it never showed up in the archive --
this is a slightly edited/stripped-down version. Apologies if you in fact
is seeing this twice!]

[This is all about autobuilds, which may not be of interest for everybody]

-I changed my SGI/MIPSPro autobuilds to use 'cc -fullwarn', the equivalent
of 'gcc -Wall'. The number of warning messages have bumped up again.
Since then I have disabled the warnings triggered by e.g. 'while (1)',
and I can disable more warnings if desired.

-I plan to add AIX 4.3 to the autobuilds as well, and possibly also
Linux i386 builds using the Intel compiler. Then I'll add Kerberos
autobuilds for AIX 5.x as soon as I have figured out why SSL isn't
working there. Oh, and probably good old IRIX 6.2 too, with a completely
different compiler (not MIPSPro).

-If anyone wonders about the point of having both IRIX 6.5.8 and 6.5.22
autobuilds, it's because IRIX has transformed to an almost entirely different
operating system over the years. 6.5.8 doesn't have any IPV6 support, for
example.

Anyway: Daniel, let me know if at any point I'm uploading too many
autobuilds -- I could easily change it to e.g. just two of each, just
including the most complicated setups (dsaz+6dsz), and e.g. a weekly
full-upload for regression testing. Or I could go in the opposite
direction and add even more build combinations.

-Tor