Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Andrés García <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:26:42 +0100

Hi,

> > The only drawback is that compiling with the mingw makefiles, the
> > 'curl.exe' file is about 255K and configuring it is over 800K.
>
> Isn't that because you get a binary with all debug symbols still present?

Yes, if I use strip on it, it gets a lot smaller. I am afraid I am going to
make a very stupid question, but anyway, are those symbols meant to
be there? is there a way to configure the compiling so that they are
removed?

> > Also, it doesn't create 'libcurl.dll'.

Sorry about this, it does create a libcurl-2.dll, except it installs it in
'/usr/local/bin' and I was looking for it in '/usr/local/lib'.

That means, that everything works now, I will have to test it and
try to use other libraries like cares, but the basic stuff all works.

Andres