Re: Configuring in msys/mingw

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:46:05 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Andrés García wrote:

> Yes, it works now, the output of the -M option is a bit confusing though:

Oops. Me fix.

[libtool]

> Have you done something about it? Now, apart from the 'curl' wrapper script
> it also creates a 'curl.exe' and the installing works!

Aha, I guess you tried an earlier daily snapshot which was made with an older
libtool by mistake. I fixed that problem in the daily snapshot script so now
the libtool stuff in the package is a lot newer (upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.2).
So it probably was a problem in the older libtool.

> The only drawback is that compiling with the mingw makefiles, the 'curl.exe'
> file is about 255K and configuring it is over 800K.

Isn't that because you get a binary with all debug symbols still present?

> Also, it doesn't create 'libcurl.dll'.

What does configure output on these lines:

checking whether to build shared libraries...
checking whether to build static libraries...

? It should say yes on both lines if you don't explicitly disable one of them
with a command line option. At least that's how it does on unixes.