Re: Multi interface -- some trouble

From: Andy Serpa <ac_at_onehorseshy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:20:03 -0500

> > I just now tried something. Instead of doing a curl_global_init()
> > at application startup and a curl_global_cleanup() at application
> > shutdown, I did a global_init(), then one set of multi-handle
> > transfers, then a global_cleanup(). Then another global_init() and
> > a new set of multi-handle transfers. No crashes on repeated
> > attempts.
>
> > So maybe the global_cleanup() is doing something the easy handle
> > cleanups or multi handle cleanup() is not doing?
>
> Well of course it does something else, but I can't see why doing it
> like this makes anything different. Are you by any chance using a
> global dns cache with CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE?

I just meant maybe the other cleanups were supposed to be doing
something they were not that the global cleanup did, and that might
be something to check on.

I was using CURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE when I first
encountered the problem, yes, but then I tried turning that off and
every other CURLOPT I was using except for URL, WRITEFUNCTION &
WRITEDATA, which are all needed to actually get the results. Still
crashed.

> > > If you could rewrite your crashing example into a plain C source
> > > file
> >
> > Too dumb to do that, but I can provide you with pseudo-code and the
> > chain of exact curl lib function calls and you can try to duplicate
> > in C, if you like.
>
> That could be a start, sure.

I'll try to put together a simple of an example as possible that
crashes on my system. I'll also try it with some of the other win32
.dlls using other compilers.

Another thing I wanted to ask -- when I call multi_info_read() and it
returns a curlmsg structure, can I free that with curl_free()?

-- Andy