RE: URL Parsing libraries

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:16:18 -0800 (PST)

> Senga looked really promising. It's small, and it does just
> what I need. Unfortunately, it relies on libintl (which it doesn't even
> bother to search for) and not all systems have that.

On Linux the configure script checks for "libintl.h"
I guess it assumes that if you have the header, then you have the lib.
What about using ./configure --disable-nls ?

> Not to mention, the project seems dead, I tried contacting the
> author regarding adding ftps support but he never responded.

The library does provide a mechanism to define your own schemes,
 - i suspect ftps shouldn't be too much different than ftp?

> What I really need is a library that runs under both *nix and Win32

I haven't tried building on Win32, but I did see some references
to "cygwin" in the Makefile.

> Also, just an idea... perhaps it would be a good idea to have a
> new section on the libcurl website.

I think that would be a great idea, as if Daniel doesn't have
enough irons in the fire already...

C:
> Sounds like a budding project :). I've often wanted this and have small
> pieces of code lying around , let me know if you start something.

Indeed, I have a few scraps myself.

Liburi is around 10,000 lines of code -
  that seems a little much just to parse a line of text :-)

 - Jeff