Re: make install fails on Solaris 8

From: Joe Halpin <j.p.h_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:55:51 -0600

Robert (Bob) A. Monat wrote:
> At the risk of showing my ignorance, you might need symbolic links:
> libcurl.so.2->libcurl.so.2.0.2 and libcurl.so->libcurl.so.2. Or, you
> might need to set ld_library_path.

Well, those links exist in lib/.libs I think the problem is that the
install target is looking for them in lib rather than lib/.libs

I've tried this on a couple other machines (linux and FreeBSD) and it
seems to work fine there.

A couple items I didn't mention before is that I'm trying to install
this into my home directory without root privileges, and I'm using the
Sun Workshop 6.1 compiler on the Solaris box rather than gcc.

Joe