Re: Problem in Accessing HTTP sites from Solaris 8

From: Halsur Sreekantaswamy <hswamy_at_Basit.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:56:17 -0500

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:39:46 +0100 (CET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: Problem in Accessing HTTP sites from Solaris 8
>
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Halsur Sreekantaswamy wrote:
>
> > I have libcurl sample program for HTTP access working properly on my
solaris
> > 2.8 machine. After I included the code into my application, I am having
> > problems connecting to any website. I am using easy-access and have set
> > CURLOPT_VERBOSE. I am getting the following message:
>
> > * Failed connect to curl.haxx.se: 2
> > for any website I try to connect to.
>
> If the sample works but not within your program, then it sounds as if your
> program breaks something.

To isolate the problem, I took simple.c and modified its main to create a
thread (solaris thr_create) and moved all the curl related code in simple.c
main to the new thread function. I still get the same problem.

Do you (or anybody else) have a simple multi-threaded example? I would
appreciate if you can share it with me.

> > Does any one know what does 2 stand for in that message?
>
> I believe that's the errno number when the error is caught.
>
> > Can I debug further using dbx - can I get into the library code?
>
> Sure. Build the library with debug symbols and you'll be able to debug it
> perfectly fine!

I will do that.

> > My apllication is multi-threaded. I beleive libcurl is thread-safe. Does
> > libcurl fork any process when we do curl_easy_perform?
>
> libcurl does no fork, it only uses the same thread as it was invoked
within.

> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se/ -- http://daniel.haxx.se/
> [[ Do not send mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]

Thanks,
--Halsur