Re: libcurl 7.9.2 FTP on QNX 6.1 lockup

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:58:33 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Bentham, David wrote:

> From around the same time as the filetype changed, we have started observing
> lockup's during the download, at various points, sometimes after 10s,
> othertimes after 60s. It appears to be locking up and not returning from the
> ...perform() call.

That sounds very strange. The transfer is doing the same simply loop during
the whole download. If it stops working in the middle of a transfer, I would
say it indicates a problem in the sending end...

> My question: has there been such a bug, or similar, that has been fixed
> since 7.9.2? I've had a quick look through the changelog since 7.9.2 which
> to me are inconclusive.

I usually split up the CHANGES to keep only the last year's changes. The older
ones are still available in CVS (see CHANGES.$year).

> We are reluctant to upgrade libcurl if there is no reason too.

You're asking about a version released over two years ago. I'd say it is very
possible that there have been changes that have modified the behavior, but I
can't recall any bug report (or fix for it) that was exactly like the one you
experience. Sorry.