Re: Why no longer supported...?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:44:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, mitz wark wrote:

> My apologies in advance if I've missed any, but in 7.10.8 release note says:
> * CURLOPT_PASSWDFUNCTION and CURLOPT_PASSWDDATA are no longer supported
>
> - Do you know why these are non-supported?

Dominick pointed out my explanation.

> - What replace them?

Nothing. You (the application) set the the user+password instead.

> - I upgraded the lib to this version 7.10.8, but I can still call them, and
> curl doesn't complain about it....

The defines are still present, yes, so you can still compile programs fine
that use them. But the library doesn't do anything with them and if you check
the return code from curl_easy_setopt() you'd see a CURLE_FAILED_INIT
returned.