Re: FTP large file support patch

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:21:02 -0800

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 04:27:36PM -0800, Dave Meyer wrote:
> Here's the new patch.

I see the same problem with it that the original patch from a few months ago
had as well: the printf/scanf type format codes will break on systems
with a 32-bit off_t. The fix for this last time went something like this:

#ifdef LONG_LONG_OFF_T // need some kind of configure test for this
#define OFF_T_FMT "lld"
#else
#define OFF_T_FMT "d"
#endif

off_t sz=foo();
printf("Size is %" OFF_T_FMT, sz);

> Perhaps I misunderstood your reasoning for having a new progress function,
> or maybe I misread; if so, please let me know, and I can address that. :)

I can see the value of a curl API that doesn't depend on floating point at
all in some small systems that lack hardware floating point support.

> Thanks,
>
> Dave

>>> Dan