Raw socket I/O using libcurl?

From: Bryan P <bp004_at_terran.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:11:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm using libcurl to develop an application that can launch pppd after
connecting over HTTP (using curl). Once I "GET" a certain document from
the server, a pppd process starts on the server and I need to be able to
pass control of the client socket for both read and write to the pppd
process on my end. I'm using curl_easy_* functions. What is the best way
for me to code my application so that curl can basically hand over socket
control to my application, after it has connected and issued the "GET" (by
way of curl_easy_perform())?

Specifically, I'd like to fork and then exec pppd, and have it operate on
stdin/stdout.

Thank you for any tips! cURL is awesome!

-bp