Re: Performance problem

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:28:36 +0100

"Stefan Sassenberg" <stefan.sassenberg_at_gmx.de> said:

> >BTW. Shouldn't Ares be used to do that in parallell?
> >

> What's that?

Ares is an asynchronous resolver library (i.e. non-blocking).
libcurl uses it if USE_ARES is set in CFLAGS.

> I wouldn't say it's wrong but there's simply no DNS in my network
> because I don't need one. Also I don't want to waste time with name queries.

Well you need one :-) Highly unusual to not need name resolution.
You don't need a DNS-server on your network, but at your ISP or
similar. If you really don't need one, try to use 127.0.0.1 as DNS-server
address and/or put the IPs in your hosts file.
  194.95.172.11 some.host.com

--gv