Re: Progress callback frequency

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:56:55 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, David Eklund wrote:

> Finally I was going to suggest something more along the lines of basing it
> off how large a file you're downloading, and then just update for every 1%
> downloaded or some such... but again, there's problems with that too. :)

Well, as Jeff said, as long as data is actually being transfered you can do
all those different approaches yourself from the write and read callbacks. The
progress callback is only really interesting when there's no data being
transfered.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]