Re: can't make WWW-Curl-2.0 for perl

From: Thomas Braun <ThoBr_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:17:20 +0100

Am Montag, 3. November 2003 15:19 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:

> When you invoke 'curl', does it work and the correct libcurl?

curl works - but what do you mean with "and the correct libcurl"?

> In Linux land, you should add the directory in which libcurl.so resides to
> the /etc/ld.so.conf file and rerun 'ldconfig' (as root).

I did so... but it had no effect

> You should be able to 'ldd [program]' to see what libraries a given program
> wants and verify that it finds all those libraries.

this command doesn't work with the perl-prog (tsget) which I'm trying to use -
it's not a dynamic executable. I did "ldd curl" and added "/lib" besides
"/usr/lib" (where libcurl.so resides) to ld.so.conf...but it doesn't work.