Re: can't make WWW-Curl-2.0 for perl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:19:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Thomas Braun wrote:

> So how can I make the run-time linker find libcurl?

When you invoke 'curl', does it work and the correct libcurl?

In Linux land, you should add the directory in which libcurl.so resides to the
/etc/ld.so.conf file and rerun 'ldconfig' (as root).

Other unixes (and Linux too in fact) use the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable for the
same purpose.

You should be able to 'ldd [program]' to see what libraries a given program
wants and verify that it finds all those libraries.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]