Re: SEGSEGV while freeing session ID in ssluse.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:03:53 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Sharma, Amit wrote:

> Getting a SEGSEGV signal after I reuse the connection for communication.
> While trying to figure out the problem, the debugger pointed me to
> SSL_SESSION_free(session->sessionid) in function, static int
> Kill_Single_Session(struct curl_ssl_session *session) in ssluse.c. This is
> when this signal gets delivered to my program.

Ouch!

> Looks like there is an illegal value access while trying to free the session
> ID by the curl_easy_cleanup() routine. Could anybody suggest what could have
> caused this problem.

A bug!

You need to tell us a lot more details if you want us to help you debug this.
As always, start with telling us your libcurl version, openssl version and
operating system. Then tell us how you do to repeat this problem, and if
you're going for the gold medal: provide a source code snippet that when used
makes the problem appear!