Re: ftps problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:04:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, michael flueh wrote:

> $curl -v -k -2 ftps://myserver
>
> *About to connect() to myserver:21
> *Connected to myserver <192.168.168.201> port 21
> * SSL: error:00000006:lib(0):func(0):EVP lib

So is your server speaking the same kind of "ftps" that curl speaks?

FTPS is not a standard, and curl is only doing a pretty simple version of it
that basicly just uses SSL for the control connection and keep the data
connection unencrypted.

Perhaps your server tries to support a more involved version?

The curl TODO mentions how we want the FTPS support in curl improved.