Re: Problem using libcurl with Visual Studio

From: Dylan Ellicott <dne_at_ca.stilo.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2003 13:31:52 -0400

Hi,

We have a similar problem, I have run the same libcurl code on
Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX, also I have run memory tools on
Linux (valgrind) which only reports problems with the getaddrinfo calls
in libcurl (Seems like an os issue).

All the platforms except for Windows appear to run correctly, but when I
try to upload a program on Windows using curl-7.0.7 or curl-7.0.6 it
errors out after an unspecified amount of data has been sent. I am
calling curl from C++ code, and I catch the access violation using a
catch ... and therefor recover from the problem, but the result is that
I cannont upload files on Windows. We compile using Visual Studio .net,
and are using the multi interface. I have tried to trim down the code to
something that I could post, however have not been able to produce the
same results with code that would be worth posting to this list. (when
the problem occurs libcurl is compiled into a dll with our code and is
driven by another program. When I get curl outside of that model I
cannot seem to reproduce the problem.

If you would like more information I can provide it. The crash appears
to happen in curl_multi_perform() but outside of the ReadCallback

-Dylan

--
Dylan Ellicott <dne_at_ca.stilo.com>
Stilo Corporation