Re: Cache-Control: no-cache

From: Jerry G. Chiuan <jerry_at_oridus.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:16:08 -0700

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Jerry G. Chiuan wrote:
>
> > > A bit above the previous quote, RFC2616 says:
> > >
> > > Clients SHOULD include both header fields when a no-cache
> > > request is sent to a server not known to be HTTP/1.1 compliant.
> >
> > Sorry, my english is not good enough to understand its description
> > what does it mean by a server "not known to be HTTP/1.1 compliant" ?
>
> That you don't know if the proxy supports 1.1 or not..
>
> > Does it mean there are still certain servers which don't follow
HTTP/1.1?

> Yes there are.

So, the purpose of not only using "Pragma: no-cache" but also
"Cache-control: no-cache" is in case certain proxy/server is not *100%*
HTTP/1.1 compliant.

Therefore, they only recognize "Cache-control: no-cache", but "Pragma:
no-cache"?
If that was the case, sound pretty wierd since they don't obey
backward-compatibility #$%@&...

- Jerry