Re: libcurl and ares

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 08:07:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, codemastr wrote:

> Just curious, when 7.10.8 goes "stable", will ares be bundled with it, or
> will users be required to download it as a seperate package?

I was going to keep it separate, in a manner similar to how we use OpenSSL.

However, the lack of support/feedback/anything from the ares author and the
fact that we're getting more and more fixes done to ares (avilable in the
curl-ares patches I keep) have started to make me consider a different
approach. I think I'll add our version of ares to the CVS repo soon to allow
better tracking of our changes to it.

I'm interested to know people's opinions on this.